The Engineering service includes various activities that could have an effect on various aspects of on-board signage:
- Analysis of passenger movements in relation to various public areas, with consequent study of the placement of directional signs (horizontal movements, vertical movements, you are here, passenger cabin directions, elevator signs, deck identification).
- Analysis of crew movements in relation to various technical areas and living quarters – with consequent study of the placement of directional signs.
- Analysis of placement of general warning signs and expressions of company policy.
- Planning emergency instructions signs with evacuation routes to the MS –.
- Planning on-board placement based on ship plans for Evacuation, Fire, and LSA signs.
- Completion of “SIGNAGE BOOK” for each of the above-noted parts.
- Planning the LLL route.